Most Recent

Breaking News

THE rise of Ice Spice

Ice Spice American Rapper. 

.


12345

While Nicki Minaj, Megan Thee Stallion, and Cardi B took years to become household names and pillars of female rap, one curly-haired princess surpassed all odds and smashed past these artists in just a few months. This new "Queen of Rap" may one day rise to the level of these artists. What is she? How did one woman gain more monthly streams than The Beatles out of nowhere? Who is capable of bringing a song to No. 1 on the Billboard charts despite only having a one-minute video? Ice Spice, the one and only munch herself, is this goddess.


.

Isis Naija Gaston, also known as "Ice Spice," was born on January 1, 2000, in the west-east Bronx neighborhood of New York City. Ice Spice was writing freestyle raps in her notes app since elementary school, inspired by female rappers like Nicki Minaj and Lil' Kim, from the very beginning of her prestigious life. Ice Spice has also mentioned that R&B artists like Lauryn Hill and Erykah Badu, who are known for combining reggae, rap, and Motown, have had an impact on her music. Her well-known alias, "Ice Spice," is a play on her real name, Isis, and came from a spam account she had on Instagram when she was in high school. "I chose Ice Spice because it literally rhymes," she says in her own words. Ice Spice attended the State University of New York at Purchase after completing her education at a Catholic school. There, she studied communications and played volleyball; some of her team photos have recently surfaced and taken the internet by storm. A video of her attempting the well-known "Buss It" TikTok challenge that went viral on Twitter and now has over 70,000 likes was her first genuine moment of fame. The rap queen became more serious about music as a result of the viral 15-second video of Icy Spicy bussing it down, which set the stage for her yet-to-be-awesome career.


Through memes and other forms of praise, numerous videos and clips of Ice Spice's signature song "Munch (Feelin' U)" appeared all over the internet, which is how I first became aware of the rapper. I was immediately ensnared by this new celebrity's fiery online persona, which fascinated me. Because I had never seen a female rapper perform her various adlibs and drill-style flow well, her first impression stuck. Not only did the self-described big-bottomed rapper's concept captivate me to the hilt, but I never spent an hour without uttering her well-known catchphrase, "You thought I was feelin' you?" around the house of my family. Ice Spice released her debut EP on January 20, 2023, 20 days after her birthday, after weeks of what I thought was silly irony. I held a listening party for a friend to hear her new songs as a joke. After we settled in, the first song, "In Ha Mood," continued. Now, I'm not sure if I can put into words how I felt on that day, but I would compare it to Binky from Arthur discovering experimental music for the first time. I landed in heaven.

From a little bit of irony, I had grown to admire Ice Spice. I thought they were the newest musical genius. Her recognizable, straightforward, and enticing exclamations like "GRAH" and "Like" gracefully blended with her rapping in the style of a Bronx drill, and they became an earworm for my brain that I could not get out of. My brain felt like it was being massaged and I felt at ease by her smooth flow. I shared my love for Ice Spice with my friends and family over the next few weeks by playing her music at parties or simply asking them to check her out. I officially declared that I am a "Munchkin," which is the name of Ice Spice's fanbase. As I learned more about the modern-day Princess Diana, my interest in her life and values grew tremendously. My admiration for Ice Spice stems primarily from her musicality and industry perspective. She has been quoted as saying that she only makes music for "Bad B **ches," and she is a firm believer in the empowerment of females in the music industry. The ability to transcend genres and explore other kinds of music is one of the qualities that artists possess that I find most impressive. When I found out that this was the direction that Ice Spice planned to take, I knew that I would be joining them on the Spice Ride. She has been reported as saying that she wanted to improve her voice and even try her hand at Spanish. When I realized that impressions of my favorite artists, like Ms. Lauryn Hill, had become an influence on the contemporary music I love today, I was overjoyed.


I felt as though the world did not appreciate the rapper who loved food as much as I did, despite the fact that I believed I had discovered the Ice Spice craze early on. Until Ice Spice announced on February 3, 2023, a collaboration and remix of her song "Boy's a Liar" with PinkPantheress, I was dissatisfied with how the music community was treating her legacy. Because two TikTok stars had collaborated on a viral masterpiece, the song became an instant hit. Ice Spice's raw verse and rhymes perfectly complemented PinkPantheress' dreamy bubblegum pop style until she opened up and became vulnerable toward the end to show a little of her soft side. I hope this means that, as she has said before, she is expanding into new genres. Outside of TikTok, the song went on to become an even bigger hit. It destroyed the Billboard top 100 charts and helped Ice Spice acquire more monthly listeners than notable artists like The Beatles and Tyler, the Creator. Following the posting of a video on TikTok of Ice Spice and North West, Kim Kardashian's daughter, reciting the lyrics to the infamous PinkPantheress collaboration, she began to gain the attention of celebrities outside of the internet. She even sparked dating rumors with Pete Davidson, joining the likes of Ariana Grande and Kim Kardashian previously mentioned.


Through her music and presence over the past year, Ice Spice has transformed into a revolutionary force in a number of different fields. I am eager to see the path the Bronx-raised rapper takes and to hear what new music she will release. Although Ice Spice has established herself as a household name and dominated contemporary rap, I would like to see her experiment with new genres and challenge music's greatest artists. Her accomplishments thus far have been extremely impressive, and I am pleased to be able to observe Ice Spice.'s rise.

.

No comments

Featured Post

Andrea Brillantes’ Private videos leaked on Twitter, Reddit, Goes Viral

 Andrea Brillantes’ Private videos leaked on Twitter, Reddit, Goes Viral A private video of Andrea Brillantes has dominated the internet in ...